LEGAL PROVISION FEATURES OF TIMELY IDENTIFICATION OF VISUAL DYSFUNCTIONS IN CHILDREN OF EARLY AGE
Keywords:standard legal support of delivery of health care to children with violation of visual functions, blindness, treatment-and-prophylactic aid to children of the fi rst years of life
Summary. The scientifi c analysis of the operating standard and legal base on the organization of health care delivery to the children of the fi rst years of life with violation of visual functions, its staging, changes and innovations provided in the publication, became the purpose of writing the article.
The existing standards and legal documents, new medico-technological documents on identifi cation of violations of visual functions in children from the fi rst days of birth have served as materials for carrying out the research. Also statistical data (indicators) of the Center of Medical Statistics of MoH of Ukraine have been taken in consideration, namely: absolute quantity of identifi ed cases of diseases of an eye for the fi rst time and its additional device; incidence, prevalence of this class of diseases counted on 1000 children’s population; disability indicators per ten thousand children aged 0 ‒ 17 years during 2005 ‒ 2014.
For performance of the research, methods of scientifi c knowledge, classical for social medicine, were used: bibliosemanticheskiya, the content analysis, medico-statistical analysis, application of which is proved by the systematic approach. Features of standard legal support of the organization, rendering treatment-and-prophylactic aid to children with violations of visual functions at early age (from the fi rst days of life) as primary medical care in out-patient and polyclinic conditions, and in maternity hospitals since the birth were analyzed. It is expedient to involve ophthalmologic service specialists, namely children’s ophthalmologists from the fi rst days of the detection of congenital pathology of the visual analyzer (a congenital cataract, congenital glaucoma, a retinopathy of newborns, eye new growths) with a simultaneous observation/consultation of the doctor of general practice - the family doctor, as well as participation of parents, family who are directly involved in rehabilitation, training and education. Probable decision on performing surgery has to be made by parents or other responsible persons (family members) together with the ophthalmologist.
The effi ciency of diagnostics and rendering ophthalmologic medical care with regard to congenital pathology has to be sustained by the physicians of primary contact in timely manner – that is still a problem concerning the organization of rendering primary medical care (doctors of the general practice - family doctors, local pediatricians, neonatologists of the perinatal centers and maternity hospitals, children’s ophthalmologists of out-patient and polyclinic level).
Conclusions: the standard and legal base of identifi cation of congenital vision defects require completion and improvement, especially regarding competences and search of effective ways of interaction of parents, family with the child from the fi rst days of birth, physicians of primary contact and children’s ophthalmologists for ensuring timely identifi cation, correction of visual functions’ violations in children of early age. The algorithm of delivery of health care with distinct distribution of competences between the general practitioner ‒ the family doctor and pediatric ophthalmologists with regard to suspicion and (or) complaints as to the violation of visual functions in children of early age, during their rapid development and formation of life skills.
Алямовская Г. А. Особенности физического развития на первом году жизни детей с массой тела при рождении менее 1500 г. / Г. А. Алямовская, Г. А. Кешишян // Рос. вестн. перинатологии и педиатрии. – 2009. – № 3. – С. 20 – 28.
Власова Е. В. Особенности течения неонатального периода у недоношенных детей с риском развития ретинопатии и критерии прогнозирования заболевания: автореф. дис... канд. мед. наук: спец. 14.01.08 «Педиатрия» / Е. В. Власова. – Екатеринбург, 2010. – 25 с.
Емельянов А. А. Комплексная оценка состояния здоровья детей с нарушениями зрения и оптимизация условий их воспитания и оздоровления в специализированных дошкольных образовательных учреждениях: автореф. дис. ... канд. мед. наук: 14.00.07 «Гигиена» / А. А. Емельянов. – М., 2009. – 22 с.
Катаргина Л. А. Поздние осложнения регрессивной рубцовой ретинопатии недоношенных / Л. А. Катаргина, Л. В. Коголева, М. В. Белова // Российский офтальмологический журнал. – 2010. – № 3. – С. 49–53.
Катаргина Л. А. Ретинопатия недоношенных //Избранные лекции по детской офтальмологии / Л. А. Катаргина, Л. В. Коголева; под ред. В. В. Нероева. – М.: ГЭОТАР-Медиа, 2009. – С. 27–61.
Офтальмологічна допомога в Україні за 2010–2011 роки: аналіт.-статист. довідник / МОЗ України. – К., 2012. – 171 с.
Ретинопатия недоношенных / под ред. H. H. Володина // Методические рекомендации Российской Ассоциации специалистов перинатальной медицины. – М., 2006. – 27 с.
Copyright (c) 2019 Archive of Ukrainian Ophthalmology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.