Usage of 0.4% sodium hyaluronate in complex treatment of pediatric patients with dry eye syndrome against the background of allergic diseases of the organ of vision
Keywords:0.4% sodium hyaluronate, dry eye syndrome, allergic conjunctivitis
Background. In recent years, the prevalence of allergic diseases of the anterior chamber of the eye has increased. They are often accompanied by the development of dry eye syndrome, which can complicate their course. Therefore, it is important to take a comprehensive approach to their diagnosis and treatment. The purpose was to study the effectiveness of 0.4% sodium hyaluronate (Gilays) in children with dry eye syndrome on the background of allergic diseases of the conjunctiva. Materials and methods. The study involved 42 patients (84 eyes) aged 3 to 18 years, who were examined and treated on the basis of Regional Eye Clinic. Patients were treated with local H-1 histamine blockers twice a day for 14 days, f necessary — with topical glucocorticoids by the scheme for 12 days. In the first group (21 patients, 42 eyes), the main treatment was added with the drugs containing 0.2% sodium hyaluronate, used topically 4 times a day for 14 days. In the second group (21 patients/42 eyes), 0.4% sodium hyaluronate (Gilays) was added to the treatment regimen. H-1 histamine blockers were not used systemically. Before starting therapy and 2 weeks later, the following values were evaluated: the changes in the anterior chamber of the eye using biomicroscopy, determination of lacrimal film rupture time, Schirmer 1 test, questionnaire. Conclusions. The use of sodium hyaluronate in the complex therapy of dry eye syndrome in allergic eye diseases is quite effective. The use of 0.4% sodium hyaluronate was more effective compared to the control group. It is advisable to use a questionnaire to communicate with the child, but it is necessary to refine the form of questions to eliminate as much as possible the subjectivity of the data.
Бахритдинова Ф.А., Миррахимова С.Ш., Нарзикулова К.И. и др. Оптимизация лечения синдрома сухого глаза при аллергических конъюнктивитах. Офтальмол. журн. 2020. № 2. С. 30-35.
Веселовська Н.М., Шаргородська І.В. Комплексний та мультидисциплінарний підхід у диференційній діагностиці та лікуванні кон’юнктивіту у дітей. Педіатрія. 2020. № 4 (55).
Дрожжина Г.І., Гайдамака Т.Б., Тройченко Л.Ф. Вплив препаратів, які заміщують сльозу, з різним вмістом натрію гіалуронату на стан переднього відділу ока у хворих з синдромом сухого ока. Офтальмологічний журнал. 2016. № 6. С. 6-11.
Зайков С.В., Гришило П.В., Гришило А.П. Сучасні підходи до діагностики та лікування алергічного кон’юнктивіту. Здоров’я України. 2015, серпень. № 15–16 (364–365).
Майчук Д.Ю., Лошкарева А.О. Особенности терапии пациентов с синдромом сухого глаза, в том числе с нарушением эпителизации роговицы. Офтальмология. 2019. № 16(4). С. 529-536.
Kubicka-Trzaska A., Romanowska-Dixon В. Dry eye syndrome and allergic conjunctivitis — epidemics of XXI century — diagnostic problems and management. Przegl. Lek. 2009. Vol. 66(11). Р. 967-71.
Handan Akil, Fatih Celik, Fatih Ulas, Ilknur Surucu Kara. Dry Eye Syndrome and Allergic Conjunctivitis in the Pediatric Population. Middle East Afr. J. Ophthalmol. 2015 Oct-Dec. Vol. 22(4). Р. 467-471.
Kent С. Is It Dry Eye, Allergy Or Infection? Review of Ophthalmology. 2014.
Milton M. Hom, Andrew L. Nguyen, Leonard Bielory. Allergic conjunctivitis and dry eye syndrome. Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012 Mar. Vol. 108(3). Р. 163-6.
Villani E., Rabbiolo G., Nucci P. Очні форми алергії як фактор ризику розвитку синдрому сухого ока. Медичне здоров’я України XXI століття. 2018 рік, грудень.
Stapleton F., Alves M., Bunya V.Y. et al. TFOS DEWS II epidemiology report. Ocul. Surf. 2017. Vol. 15. Р. 334-365. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtos.2017.05.003.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.